Successful communities have a clear sense of direction and a widely shared vision. I advocate a local government that is effective, efficient and priority driven. I aim to think holistically and creatively while partnering with businesses and other communities.
My goal is to protect the quality of life we have enjoyed in Powell and to make certain that it will continue for future generations by strategically focusing on the following strategic themes:
- Enhance Powell’s Appeal
- Improve Infrastructure
- Provide a Business-Friendly environment
- Make Streets safe for cyclists & pedestrians
- Create a vibrant downtown district
- Maintain Powell’s Character
- Ensure New Developments Increase Community Value
- Prioritize Community Development
- Support Solutions for Seldom Seen Park
- Support Solutions for Regional Traffic Improvements
- Enhance Resident Communication
- Exercise Fiscal Responsibility
For the last few years I have focused heavily on working with my peers to resolve our traffic, business development and financial needs. In addition, I spend a considerable amount of time developing relationships with internal and external areas that help us grow as a community.
Relationships and partnerships are important to moving the needle and getting things done. We value our partnerships with Liberty Township, Delaware County and other surrounding communities. The exchange of ideas and resources expedites solutions and issue resolution. We have a successful community and our goal is to continue that trend with sound decisions that protect what we value as a community and position us well for the future.